A NEW PROBATIONARY/PERMANENT OR FULL YEAR FIXED TERM TEACHER IS AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED IN THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS – SINGLE COVERAGE:
|OPTION A1 BASIC LIFE|
– $100,000. LIFE INSURANCE
– $100,000. ACCIDENTAL DEATH and DISMEMBERMENT
– HEALTH/HOSPITAL INSURANCE
– Long Term Disability
– BASIC CRITICAL ILLESS – $10,000
All contract teachers are also enrolled in the compulsory life and AD&D insurance paid fully by the Employer.
Basic Life, Health, and Dental (must contact Johnson Insurance to enroll) are cost shared with the employer (50%/50%). LTD and Critical Illness are fully paid by the employee.
*** YOU PAY IN ADVANCE AND COVERAGE BEGINS OCTOBER 1st. Any work or claims before October 1st will not be covered.
If a term teacher signs out of any options they will be automatically enrolled when they start a new full year contract.
If a permanent/probationary teacher signs out of the LTD or Life Insurance program they will have to show proof of insurability in order to get back into those plans.
NOTE: ALL OTHER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE UPON APPLICATION
- FAMILY COVERAGE IS AVAILABLE UPON APPLICATION
- PROBATIONARY CONTRACTS AND FOR FULL YEAR TERM CONTRACTS
- AUTOMATIC ENROLLMENT IS NOT APPLICABLE TO TERM CONTRACTS OF LESS THAN ONE FULL YEAR. HOWEVER, INSURANCE IS AVAILABLE UPON APPLICATION IF THE TERM OF THE CONTRACT IS FOR A MINIMUM OF 4 MONTHS
(1 YEAR FOR LONG TERM DISABILITY AND DENTAL PLAN)
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS MAY ENROLL IN THE HEALTH PLAN BUT MUST PAY THE FULL PREMIUMS. THE GOV’T WILL NOT COST SHARE
- COVERAGE FOR FIXED TERM TEACHERS END ON JUNE 30TH UNLESS A NEW CONTRACT IS SIGNED BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR